Be a part of a growing tradition by celebrating Christmas in Downtown. This month long event highlights various aspects of our entire community and includes Christmas carols from the Bibb County schools, the annual lighting of the Christmas Tree in Rosa Parks Square, shopping, music and of course, Santa! The Main Street Macon Christmas Parade is packed with floats, bands and children of all ages. It is not an event to be missed!
A Merry Macon Christmas
Schedule of Events
Thursday, December 1 – Bibb County Board of Education Christmas Tree Lighting, City Auditorium, 6:30pm
This annual event will feature nearly 250 students singing Christmas Carols and the Christmas Tree lighting in Rosa Parks Square.
Sunday, December 4 – Main Street Macon Christmas Parade, 3:00pm
We are happy to announce that this year’s parade theme is “A Merry Macon Christmas.” This community parade will feature marching bands, floats and of course, the big man in red himself, Santa, and Grand Marshall, Bibb County Fire Chief Marvin Riggins. Come early and enjoy lunch or stay late and grab dinner with friends.
“We chose a theme this year with hopes to see all the different ways people express their love of Macon through their holiday traditions,’ says Steven Fulbright, Main Street Manager.
Saturday, December 17 – Christmas On First Street, 4:00pm-10:00pm
Join us for Middle Georgia’s largest family Christmas event on December 17th in Rosa Parks Square and Frist Street. We will have free pictures with Santa, free carriage rides, craft beer for adults, and a classic holiday film in the park! Looking for Macon Made Christmas gifts for the family? Check out the Merchants of First Street and our holiday market open from 4:00pm to 10:00pm in Rosa Parks Square. Grab a cup of free hot chocolate and get into the holiday spirit with Christmas Carols provided by St. Joseph’s Choir and other local organizations.
For more information or for answers to any questions please contact Steven Fulbright, Main Street Macon Manager at 478-803-2436 or SFulbright@maconbibb.us
2016 Street Closures and Parade Route
We work very closely with the Bibb County Sheriff Department to ensure that you and your business are met with the least amount of impediment as possible. The following streets will be closed during set-up for the parade:
- Fifth Street – 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cherry Street Plaza – 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Cherry Street (Fifth Street – First Street) 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. No parking enforced from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. Restaurant patrons will be allowed to travel along Second Street and turn onto Cherry and drop off patrons along Cherry Street and then exit Cherry Street by turning right onto Third Street. Patrons can also park along Third Street and utilize the Third Street turnarounds. Cherry Street will be completely closed at 2:30 p.m.
- First Street (Cherry Street – Mulberry Street) – 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. No parking enforced from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Second Street (Cherry Street – Mulberry Street) – 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Third Street (Cherry Street – Mulberry Street) – 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.
- Mulberry Street (First Street – MLK) 12 p.m. – 6 p.m. No parking enforced from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Martin Luther King Jr Blvd (Mulberry Street – Poplar Street) 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. No parking enforced from 6 a.m. – 6 p.m.